Greatest Common Divisor and Least Common Multiple Calculator
Calculate the greatest common divisor (GCD) and the least common multiple (LCM) of two integers.
Using the calculator
To find the GCD and LCM of two integers, enter the values in the "First integer" and "Second integer" fields. Once you've entered the integers, click the "Calculate" button. The calculator will determine the GCD and LCM and display the results.
Calculation of GCD and LCM
The GCD can be found using the Euclidean algorithm, which involves finding the remainder of division until the remainder becomes zero. The GCD is the value obtained at that point. (For a more detailed explanation of the Euclidean algorithm and further information on GCD, refer to the link The greatest common divisor of two integers.)
Once you know the GCD, you can easily calculate the LCM using the formula:
LCM = (a * b) / GCD
- • The Greatest Common Divisor (GCD) and the Least Common Multiple (LCM) of several numbers
- • The greatest common divisor of two integers
- • Greatest Common Factor Calculator for Three or More Numbers
- • Coprime integers and pairwise coprime integers
- • Extended polynomial Greatest Common Divisor in finite field